Most move-in ready homes on the market are eligible for OwnHome.
Most move-in ready homes on the market are eligible for OwnHome. But there are also some specific eligibility criteria. The purpose of these criteria is to protect you and your family.
- We can’t buy homes with valuations above $2.5m
Type of home
- Terraces, free-standing houses, apartments, townhouses and more are great for OwnHome
- Studios or 1 bedroom apartments aren’t eligible
- Off-plan purchases aren’t eligible
- We cannot support land-only purchases
Size of the home
- Homes must be a minimum of 50 m2 (the good news is that we’re yet to find a home or apartment smaller than 50m2).
- There is an acreage restriction of up to 2 acres of land
Condition of the home
We want your home to be in great condition before you move in. When home shopping, there are a few warning signs that a home may not be in the best condition and wouldn't pass OwnHome’s inspection. Look out for some tell-tale warning signs on the listing:
- ‘Renovation Required’ or ‘Renovator’s Delight’
- ‘Sold As-Is’
- ‘Fixer-Upper’ or ‘Tear-Down and Rebuild’
- Not Habitable
As always, if you have a question reach out to the OwnHome team.